My newly resurrected frankenstein is doing reasonably well. Months without a printer has left me a bit of a back log. Here are some of the things I was able to create now that I could print again.
I use plugfones liberate when mowing. Basically rated sound isolation plus bluetooth tunes connected to my phone. The body is pretty light, but tugs at the ear buds a tiny bit every time you turn your head. I printed a clip that they slide into snugly, and that clips to my sweat band. Now when I turn my head, the body moves with me and the ear buds don’t get slowly tugged out. Thingiverse link to my design.
Contact Solution Bottle Pry
We both have contacts and often carry small travel size bottles of the contact lens solution around. Instead of buying a new tiny bottle every time we run out I just pry the top off and refill from the big bottles. They aren’t really designed for this, and the bottle tops are hard to get off. Enter a custom wedge/pry tool that is perfect for getting under the lid. Thingiverse
Battery Terminal Wrench
Marine deep cycle batteries use a 5/16″ stud and nut. I have a battery system around in case of hurricanes, and thought a dedicated wrench to include in the kit would be handy. It is small to fit inside the tight space, has a through hole so the post can pass through the wrench, and even comes with a small custom holding bracket for storage close by. Thingiverse
Propane Tank Valve Wrench
I get all my propane tanks through a gas cylinder exchange we have in the area. Sometimes the new tanks come with the valves screwed way too tight. This wrench gives you a lot of extra surface to grip with. Magnets in the back keep it stuck to the grill close by. Thingiverse
Many of my friends play DnD, but live far enough away that it is hard for me to join regularly. Add a busy schedule in and I never play with them. But, one GM had the great idea of me coming in as a one time special character. I got to be a twisted cultist in a Lovecraft style otherworldly dungeon crawl.
I found a model that was split in half from top to bottom. This kept me from using support but resulted in a big seam down the length. Lots of spraying with rustoleum sandable filler helped with all the printer layers, but didn’t fill the gap between the two halves completely. Next time I will use something else on that. Still, a bit of thick primer and paint made it turn out well.